Knoxville Mortgage Fraud Attorney
Defending You Against Accusations of Fraud
What is mortgage fraud? Simply put, this criminal offense involves a fraudulent and deceitful attempt -- successful or otherwise -- by a mortgage loan applicant to receive a loan that he or she may not be truly qualified to receive. The federal government takes this fraud crime very seriously, particularly in light of the recent struggles in the housing market evidenced by an escalating number of home foreclosures.
Examples of mortgage fraud include:
- Home buyers listing a higher income on a loan application than is correct in order to get approved
- Real estate developers giving misleading information to banks to qualify buyers
- False information given by mortgage bankers to get better loans for their clients
- Real estate agents paying the down payment on a property while not informing the bank
Why hire Robert R. Kurtz, Attorney at Law?
- FREE case evaluations
- Nearly 15 years of experience in criminal defense
- BV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- 10.0 "Superb" Avvo Rating
Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act of 2009
The Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act of 2009 was written and enacted to further enhance the penalties that those accused of mortgage fraud may face and to fund agencies such as the Department of Justice and the Office of the Inspector General at the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development, which are responsible for identifying and prosecuting these types of crimes.
Federal mortgage fraud convictions can result in:
- A 30 year prison sentence
- Up to $1 million in fines
- Restitution payments
- Probation sentences
Accused of mortgage fraud? Contact Attorney Kurtz today!
Do not let your reputation and your future suffer because of a false allegation of fraud: Call Robert R. Kurtz, Attorney at Law today to learn how he is prepared to defend you and to fight tenaciously for your interests in court. Your first consultation is free, and every meeting with him is protected by attorney-client privilege, so why hesitate? The stakes are high, so do not wait to retain the strong and effective legal counsel necessary to safeguard your rights and your future!