Embezzlement Attorney in Tennessee
Knoxville Federal Criminal Defense Law Firm
Although the majority of embezzlement crimes can be filed by local or state courts, some embezzlement crimes can exceed the scope of the state court level. In these situations, the federal government can step in and pursue charges against an individual accused of embezzlement.
If you have been accused of a federal embezzlement offense or any federal crime, your case will be governed by federal laws rather than state laws, and you should contact
Robert R. Kurtz, Attorney at Law for help.
Why should you hire Attorney Kurtz?
- He is BV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- He had nearly 15 years of experience
- He offers FREE case evaluations
- He is 10.0 Superb Rated by Avvo
Types of Embezzlement Crimes
Embezzlement is a type of property theft crime. An individual can be accused of federal embezzlement charges if he or she has stolen property from any agency associated with the federal government.
Examples of federal embezzlement can include:
- Stealing property from a national park
- Theft of property that is owned by a private entity but that was paid for by the government
- Stealing property from the Internal Revenue Service, the U.S. Postal Service, or Social Security / Social Security Disability Insurance Program
- Stealing property from online retailers such as eBay and Amazon
- Employee of a bank, lending institution, credit union, or insurance company who has stolen property that he or she is placed in charge of but does not have direct ownership of
Federal Penalties for Embezzlement
Federal embezzlement laws are broken down by the type and amount of money or property stolen. Federal embezzlement can be punished by felony or misdemeanor charges. Federal penalties can vary by case. Generally speaking, an individual could face imprisonment or fines.
Felony convictions could result in $250,000 fines, and misdemeanors could result in
$100,000 fines. In addition to these fines, a judge may decide to impose an additional fine of up to twice the value of what the victim lost.
Defense When You Need It Most
If you have been accused of a federal embezzlement crime, you need to seek legal representation from a qualified Knoxville federal criminal attorney immediately. Robert R. Kurtz, Attorney at Law can help whether you are facing criminal allegations or federal embezzlement charges and can be trusted to provide uncompromising legal representation!